|Star Wars work||
As Dannl Faytonni:
|Voice acting in||
|Other works of note||
1978 film adaptation of The Lord of the Rings (voice)
Anthony Daniels (born February 21, 1946 in Salisbury, England) portrayed the droid C-3PO in all six Star Wars films, thus being the only actor besides Kenny Baker to appear in all six movies (the closest are Ian McDiarmid and Frank Oz playing Palpatine and Yoda respectively in five movies).
Star Wars careerEdit
During the production of the original Star Wars, he helped George Lucas develop the character, voice, and mannerisms of C-3PO. Aside from playing the fussy droid in all six movies, Daniels has reprised the role frequently over the past three decades. He's donned the shiny suit for various promotional work, including hosting The Making of Star Wars; for appearances on The Muppet Show and Sesame Street; for The Star Wars Holiday Special; for commercials including Kenner toys, a no-smoking PSA, and even a breakfast cereal based on the character; and for prequel tie-ins such as Star Wars Connections and The Science of Star Wars. He also voiced C-3PO in a radio drama based on the original trilogy; for the Christmas-themed Christmas in the Stars album; for the Disneyland theme park attraction Star Tours; and also for three animated series: Droids, Star Wars: Clone Wars and The Clone Wars. He also provided the narration and all character voices for the Dark Force Rising and The Last Command audio books. Daniels also has a cameo in the Outlander nightclub scene early in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones as a character Dannl Faytonni, who can also be seen at the Galaxies Opera House in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.
Aside from portraying C-3PO and Dannl Faytonni, Anthony Daniels also portrayed numerous minor characters such as CZ-3 in A New Hope. There is no exact record of how many minor background characters Daniels portrayed.
He was the only cast member of the Star Wars trilogy to voice his character in all three episodes of National Public Radio's dramatizations of the Star Wars trilogy (while Mark Hamill voiced Luke Skywalker for both A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, and Billy Dee Williams voiced Lando Calrissian for The Empire Strikes Back, when the Return of the Jedi adaptation was recorded many years later, Hamill and Williams were replaced by Joshua Fardon and Arye Gross, respectively).
Daniels also contributed the foreword to the collected scripts of the Return of the Jedi radio drama, as their author Brian Daley died just as the episodes were being recorded. Daniels' other Star Wars-related writings include the The New Wonder Column for Star Wars Insider magazine and a comic book adventure for C-3PO and R2-D2 entitled The Protocol Offensive, published by Dark Horse Comics.
In The Phantom Menace, Daniels did the voice work for C-3PO but did not physically appear in the movie, as the character was a puppet instead of a costume - a prototype C-3PO controlled by someone else. He actually controlled the puppet for 2002's Episode II: Attack of the Clones, but all prototype scenes were cut, with the droid's first appearance in the movie being Daniels in costume. In this movie and 2005's Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, he also dubbed the vocal tracks for some scenes that used CGI.
Daniels was the host and narrator of Star Wars: In Concert.
Other notable worksEdit
Daniels was the voice of Legolas in Ralph Bakshi's 1978 animated adaptation of The Lord of the Rings. He crops up intermittently on British TV in various dramas, notably in a recurring role in Prime Suspect. He also played the priest in the 1990 British spoof horror film I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle.
Star Wars filmographyEdit
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- The Star Wars Holiday Special
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
Star Wars voice workEdit
- Star Wars: Droids: The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO
- Star Tours (English and French)
- Star Wars: Pit Droids
- Dark Force Rising and The Last Command audiobooks
- Star Wars: Clone Wars (C-3PO)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film) (C-3PO)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (TV series) (C-3PO)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Evil Plans"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (PO-12)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress" (C-3PO)
- Animal Icons: Star Wars Creatures
- The Muppet Show
- Return of the Ewok
- Sesame Street
- Star Tours
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- The LEGO Movie (2014)