- "Negola dewaghi wool dugger?"
"He doesn't like you."
- ―Ponda Baba and Cornelius Evazan, to Luke Skywalker
Biology and appearanceEdit
Aqualish generally have bald heads, fur around their cheeks, and They Appear to have different skin colors from each other. Aqualish also tended to have either two or four eyes, and different kinds of hands. The criminal Ponda Baba had hairy hands with five digits, while some Aqualish who were a part of the Galactic Republic Senate sported hairless hands with three digits. The species spoke Aqualish. Aqualish had red colored blood that did not cauterize.
Some Aqualish, like the arms manufacturer Amda Wabo, came from the planet Ando. They could be found the galactic community by the time of the Galactic Republic, where a number of them were members of the Republic Senate. However, some Aqualish did not agree with the direction of the Republic, and at least two Aqualish politicians aligned themselves with the Sith Lord Count Dooku. Multiple other Aqualish went to work for Dooku's anti-Republic faction, the Confederacy of Independent Systems. During an armed conflict between the Confederacy and the Republic, referred to as the Clone Wars, one Aqualish worked alongside the Neimoidian General Lok Durd. Both were captured by Republic forces on the planet Maridun. After the Clone Wars, the Republic was dissolved and transformed into the Galactic Empire. Two of the Aqualish who had aligned themselves with the Confederacy were murdered by the Sith Darth Vader on the planet Mustafar.
Aqualish in the galaxyEdit
- "Ask Mr. Wabo where the shipment is being held."
"He said Bay 17."
- ―Sabine Wren incorrectly translates Wabo's response to Minister Tua
As well as being senators for the Galactic Republic and officers for the Confederacy, some Aqualish have found careers as both criminals and arms dealers. Utonk Hid was an Aqualish gunman who was a guest at Tiggs Leo's tavern on the planet Coruscant. An Aqualish criminal was Ponda Baba, who, along with his friend Doctor Cornelius Evazan, had the death sentence on twelve star systems. Baba lost his arm to Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi during a cantina brawl. Amda Wabo was an Aqualish arms dealer who worked out of the planet Garel. During the reign of the Galactic Empire, Wabo attempted to sell T-7 ion disruptor rifles to the Empire through Minister Maketh Tua. Their efforts were disrupted by a group of rebels from the planet Lothal, and some of the weapons ended up in the hands of the crime boss Cikatro Vizago. At least one Aqualish was a member of Jabba the Hutt's court on the planet Tatooine.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "A Hero Discovered" (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Peril on Kashyyyk" (Appears in hologram)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Crossing Paths"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Duel of Destiny"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return to the Wheel"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Aqualish)
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Force Collection
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Aftermath
- ↑ Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- ↑ Join the Resistance
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lethal Trackdown"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Member: Si Pebi
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Member: "Wudei Wadai"
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi