- "Negola dewaghi wool dugger?"
"He doesn't like you."
- ―Ponda Baba and Cornelius Evazan, to Luke Skywalker
Aqualish were a species of sentient humanoids who were identifiable by round black eyes, tusks, and fur. Some Aqualish had four eyes. The shape of their hands also varied. While some had hairless hands with three digits, others, like Ponda Baba, had furry hands with five clawed digits. They had dark red colored blood that didn't cauterize. Amda Wabo was an Aqualish weapons manufacturer. The Aqualish spoke their own language, one that the Imperial Minister Maketh Tua did not understand. As such, Tua needed a translator droid when she had a deal to make with Wabo.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Aqualish generally have bald heads, fur around their cheeks, and large tusks that stuck off of their jaws. Aqualish also tended to have either two or four eyes, and different kinds of hands. The criminal Ponda Baba had hairy hands with five digits, while some Aqualish who were apart of the Galactic Republic senate sported hairless hands with three digits. The species spoke Aqualish. Aqualish had red colored blood that did not cauterize.
Some Aqualish, like the arms manufacturer Amda Wabo, came from the planet Ando. They could be found the galactic community by the time of the Galactic Republic, where a number of them were members of the Republic senate. However, some Aqualish did not agree with the direction of the Republic, and a least two Aqualish politicians aligned themselves with the Sith Lord Count Dooku. Multiple other Aqualish went to work for Dooku's anti-Republic faction, the Confederacy of Independent Systems. During an armed conflict between the Confederacy and the Republic, referred to as the Clone Wars, one Aqualish worked alongside the Neimoidian General Lok Durd. Both were captured by Republic forces on the planet Maridun. After the Clone Wars, the Republic was dissolved and transformed into the Galactic Empire. Two of the Aqualish who had aligned themselves with the Confederacy were murdered by the Sith Darth Vader on the planet Mustafar.
Aqualish in the galaxyEdit
- "Ask Mr. Wabo where the shipment is being held."
"He said Bay 17."
- ―Sabine Wren incorrectly translates Wabo's response to Minister Tua
As well as being senators for the Galactic Republic and officers for the Confederacy, some Aqualish have found careers as both criminals and arms dealers. Utonk Hid was an Aqualish gunman who was a guest at Tiggs Leo's tavern on the planet Coruscant. An Aqualish criminal was Ponda Baba, who was, along with his friend Doctor Cornelius Evazan, had the death sentence on twelve star systems. Baba lost his arm to Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi during a cantina brawl. Amda Wabo was an Aqualish arms dealer who worked out of the planet Garel. During the reign of the Galactic Empire, Wabo attempted to sell T-7 ion disruptor rifles to the Empire through Minister Maketh Tua. Their efforts were disrupted by a band of rebels from the planet Lothal, and some of the weapons ended up in the hands of the crime boss Cikatro Vizago. At least one Aqualish was a member of Jabba the Hutt's court on the planet Tatooine.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes (First identified as Aqualish)
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Aftermath
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lethal Trackdown"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Member: Si Pebi
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Member: "Wudei Wadai"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi