- "Negola dewaghi wool dugger?"
"He doesn't like you."
- ―Ponda Baba and Cornelius Evazan, to Luke Skywalker
Aqualish were a species of sentient humanoids who were identifiable by round black eyes, tusks, and fur. Some Aqualish had four eyes. The shape of their hands also varied. While some had hairless hands with three digits, others, like Ponda Baba, had furry hands with five clawed digits. They had dark red colored blood that didn't coagulate. Amda Wabo was an Aqualish weapons manufacturer. The Aqualish spoke their own language, one that the Imperial minister Maketh Tua did not understand. As such, Tua needed a translator droid when she had a deal to make with Wabo.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Aqualish generally have bald heads, fur around their cheeks, and large tusks that stuck off of their jaws. Aqualish also tended to have either two or four eyes, and different kinds of hands. The criminal Ponda Baba had hairy hands with five digits, while some Aqualish who were apart of the Galactic Republic senate sported hairless hands with three digits. The species spoke Aqualish. Aqualish had red colored blood that did not coagulate.
Some Aqualish, like the arms manufacturer Amda Wabo, came from the planet Ando. They could be found the galactic community by the time of the Galactic Republic, where a number of them were members of the Republic senate. However, some Aqualish did not agree with the direction of the Republic, and a least two Aqualish politicians aligned themselves with the Sith Lord Count Dooku. Multiple other Aqualish went to work for Dooku's anti-Republic faction, the Confederacy of Independent Systems. During an armed conflict between the Confederacy and the Republic, referred to as the Clone Wars, one Aqualish worked alongside the Neimoidian General Lok Durd. Both were captured by Republic forces on the planet Maridun. After the Clone Wars, the Republic was dissolved and transformed into the Galactic Empire. Two of the Aqualish who had aligned themselves with the Confederacy were murdered by the Sith Darth Vader on the planet Mustafar.
Aqualish in the galaxyEdit
- "Ask Mr. Wabo where the shipment is being held."
"He said Bay 17."
- ―Sabine Wren incorrectly translates Wabo's response to Minister Tua
As well as being senators for the Galactic Republic and officers for the Confederacy, some Aqualish have found careers as both criminals and arms dealers. Utonk Hid was an Aqualish gunman who was a guest at Tiggs Leo's tavern on the planet Coruscant. An Aqualish criminal was Ponda Baba, who was, along with his friend Doctor Cornelius Evazan, had the death sentence on twelve star systems. Baba lost his arm to Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi during a cantina brawl. Amda Wabo was an Aqualish arms dealer who worked out of the planet Garel. During the reign of the Galactic Empire, Wabo attempted to sell T-7 ion disruptor rifles to the Empire through Minister Maketh Tua. Their efforts were disrupted by a band of rebels from the planet Lothal, and some of the weapons ended up in the hands of the crime boss Cikatro Vizago. At least one Aqualish was a member of Jabba the Hutt's court on the planet Tatooine.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lethal Trackdown"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Evil Plans"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brothers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sabotage"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Rise of Clovis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part II"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dark Disciple
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- Droids in Distress book
- Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fighter Flight"
- Star Wars: Kanan 6: The Last Padawan, Epilogue: Haunt
- Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
- Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Resolve"
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- Star Wars Rebels – "Brothers of the Broken Horn"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Heroes Path
- Heir to the Jedi
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 1: Vader
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 11: Shadows and Secrets, Part V
- Star Wars: Commander
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes (First identified as Aqualish)
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide