| Organizational information
| Chronological and political information
Arakyd Industries was a major manufacturer of droids, heavy weapons, and starships, dating back to the days of the Galactic Republic. Originally a supplier of exploration droids, the company saw a major boost in business with the rise of the Galactic Empire, and pioneered A. I. advances, its most noteworthy achievement being the Viper probe droid model, which the Empire used to locate the Echo Base on the planet Hoth. Apart from the probe, its other most famous product was the XR-85 tank droid. During the Clone Wars, Arakyd's Chief Executive Officer was Hordis Boil. In the New Jedi Order era, Arakyd had a moderately successful consumer-market line, and worked closely with the New Republic, despite their history. Divisions of the company included Arakyd Aerodynes, Incorporated Arakyd had many of its factories on the planet of Coruscant. Its headquarters were situated on the planet of Vulpter.
Behind the scenesEdit
Arakyd Industries is paid homage with a new crowd-funded space telescope called ARKYD.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Adventures 1: Hunt the Sun Runner (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Adventures 6: The Warlords of Balmorra (Mentioned only)
- Equipment (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight (Mentioned only)
- Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88
- The Paradise Snare (Mentioned only)
- When the Desert Wind Turns: The Stormtrooper's Tale (Mentioned only)
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- Star Wars: X-Wing (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Tour of Duty: Imperial Pursuit (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy of Fear: City of the Dead (Mentioned only)
- Allegiance (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Tour of Duty: B-Wing (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Missions 13: Prisoner of the Nikto Pirates
- "Small Favors"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 12 (Mentioned only)
- A Credit for Your Thoughts"—Star Wars Gamer 2 (Mentioned only) "
- The New Rebellion (Mentioned only)