Arakyd Industries was a droid manufacturing company which notably produced the Viper probe droid, the RA-7 protocol droid, the internal systems probe droid, and the ID9 seeker droid. During the Galactic Civil War the Galactic Empire used large numbers of Arakyd's probe droids, deploying them on the planet Lothal and later sending many out across the galaxy to search for the Alliance to Restore the Republic's secret base.
Behind the scenesEdit
Arakyd Industries was originally created by Bill Slavicsek and Curtis Smith for the Star Wars Legends reference book The Star Wars Sourcebook, which was released in 1987. The company was confirmed to be canon by a post made on the official Facebook page for the Star Wars Rebels television show, which gave information about Viper probe droids after they appeared in the episode Call to Action.
- All Creatures Great and Small (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Probe droid. Star Wars Rebels (February 13, 2015, 12:13 pm). Retrieved on June 26, 2015, 3:51 pm. "If you see an Imperial probe droid… it's a good bet the Empire knows you're there." (screenshot)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "All Creatures Great and Small"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action"