Prowler 1000 exploration droid
|Chronological and political information|
The Prowler 1000 exploration droid, also known as the Prowler 1000 seeker droid, Arakyd seeker droid, or simply the Prowler 1000, was a compact probe droid deployed during the Clone Wars by the soldiers of the Republic.
Created by Arakyd Industries, the small, repulsor-driven seeker droid excelled in surveillance. Designed specifically for work in a military capacity, the Arakyd Prowler 1000 featured a frontal photoreceptor array equipped with various detection systems and scanners. A tasking antennae protruded from atop the drone's domed head, allowing clone commanders to send orders directly to their seeker groups. Two grappling extensors below the main body were used to return a body to the clones when proof was needed of a successful capture. Seekers were equipped with searchlights to track targets at night or in darkened environments.
After Supreme Chancellor Palpatine issued Order 66, Commander Cody dispatched his entire complement of seeker droids into the depths of Utapau's sinkhole city to hunt down and destroy Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Searchlights activated in the dank grottos deep below Pau City, two particular seekers diligently hunted General Kenobi, but rather than locating the wayward Jedi, the drones happened upon an agitated nos monster. Protecting its young, the nos monster devoured one seeker with a single bite, and chased the second drone into the murky waters of its domain. Obi-Wan was able to slip away from the short fight between monster and machine, and eventually fled the sinkhole world.
Arakyd Prowler 1000 droids also witnessed the transformation of Anakin Skywalker into the fearsome Darth Vader in the Imperial rehabilitation center. Seeker droids were employed by the Galactic Empire to hunt down Jedi during the Great Jedi Purge. Years later, based on the success of its predecessor, Arakyd Industries introduced the Viper probe droid.
During the Galactic Civil War, a Prowler droid was deployed at a Star Tours transport terminal to ask about the whereabouts of the Unidentified Rebel Spy. However, the Starspeeder carrying the spy took off, pushing the Prowler droid into deep space.
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Cut)
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- Star Wars Purge: The Hidden Blade
- The Last of the Jedi: A Tangled Web
- The Last of the Jedi: Return of the Dark Side
- The Last of the Jedi: Secret Weapon
- The Last of the Jedi: Against the Empire
- Star Wars: Invasion 1: Refugees, Part 1
- Star Wars: Invasion 2: Refugees, Part 2
- Star Wars: Invasion 4: Refugees, Part 4
- Star Wars: Invasion 5: Refugees, Part 5
- Star Wars: Invasion 7: Rescues, Part 2
- Star Wars: Legacy 3: Broken, Part 3
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The New Essential Guide to Droids