Two individuals known to bear the title of Aristocra were Chaf'orm'bintrano and Mitt'swe'kleoni. Chaf'orm'bintrano was a representative of the Chaf family. In 21 BBY, the female Chiss Sev'eere'nuruodo was Aristocra of the Nuruodo family.
Aristocras were found serving as heads of a military or diplomatic expeditions as well as representatives of their Family or even of the Ascendancy as a whole, charged with carrying out a specific mission and enjoying wide-ranging authority in the execution of the resultant duties. They might serve as envoys in contacts with outsiders, as civilian leaders of a military expedition, as the primary representatives of their Family's interests in a particular area of space, or as commanders of private military ventures designed to strengthen their Family's stance against other power-blocs within the Ascendancy. On their own authority, Aristocras could also arraign an officer of the Expansionary Fleet for trial and take him into custody—even in the face of objections from an Admiral of the Defense Hierarchy. An Aristocra also outranked generals.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Outbound Flight
- The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 2: Curse of the Black Hole Pirates
- The Clone Wars: Secret Missions 4: Guardians of the Chiss Key
- Survivor's Quest
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest (Mentioned only)