|Ark "Bumpy" Roose|
|Chronological and political information|
Ark "Bumpy" Roose was a particularly dim-witted Podracing pilot who cared little for specialized tactics and maneuvers—his strategy on the track was simply to smash into whoever was nearby. The sectarian Sump government disapproved of this pilot, permitting him to race offworld only in a half-hearted hope that he might somehow improve the image of Nuknogs.
While Roose never made it big, he did advance to some of the most elite courses across the galaxy, and there was even a course on Aquilaris—Bumpy's Breakers—named after him. Having nearly been bested by Anakin Skywalker in the last Boonta Eve Classic, Roose was out for revenge, and when Gardulla the Elder's aide Diva Funquita offered him the chance to sabotage Skywalker's Podracer for money, he was more than willing to oblige. Unfortunately, not knowing which Podracer belonged to the Human boy, Roose wound up disabling Ben Quadinaros' QuadraPod instead. During the Boonta Eve Classic, Dud Bolt collided with Roose in The Coil, bringing down both racers. Roose spent a couple of weeks in the hospital recovering, but was soon back on his feet and Podracing once more.
Behind the scenesEdit
In The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, Ark "Bumpy" Roose is called Ark "Bumpy" Rose.
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- Episode I: The Phantom Menace ½
- Podracing Tales
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Star Wars Episode I Who's Who: A Pocket Guide to the Characters of The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Episode I: The Visual Dictionary
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 26 (POD2, Podracer Pilots)
- "Ask Lobot"—Star Wars Insider 66
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia