Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Arkanis sector has been a crossroads for traders and travelers. It is bordered by the Corellian Run which many used to travel from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim and Wild Space. It was also crossed by the Triellus Trade Route, which led into Hutt Space. A subset of the sector were the Regency Worlds, a relatively prosperous region on the Corellian Run formed around the former Arkanis Regency. Unfortunately, this prosperity rarely extended to other parts of the sector, with only a mild boost in trade (and a significant one in crime) as Hutt interests moved in towards the end of the Republic.
During the Clone Wars, after rescuing and returning Rotta to Jabba on Tatooine, the Hutts allowed the Clone Army to pass through the Arkanis sector, as well as the neighboring Hutt Space, unlike the Droid Army.
During Imperial rule, it was governed by Moff Alexander Julstan IV. At some point before the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, the Empire ceded control over the sector to the Rebel Alliance. They later attempted to reclaim the territory, but were thwarted on Tatooine, at least. Nieve Gromia was a later moff of the sector following the Sith–Imperial War.
Behind the scenesEdit
The "Arkonis sector" appears once in the Death Star novel as the location of the Devastator when Darth Vader receives a transmission alerting him to Divini's messages on the MedNet regarding midi-chlorians prior to traveling to the Toprawa system. It is unknown whether this is a misspelling of "Arkanis sector". It also bears noting that according to the novel, Arkonis sector is located in the Outer Rim while Arkanis sector (in contradiction to previous and later sources) is said to be located in Wild Space. On pages 251 and 263 of the hardcover edition of Death Star, the region in which Tatooine and the Arkanis sector are located is stated to be Wild Space. This also contradicts previous and later sources which establish the Outer Rim Territories as the region in which Tatooine and the Arkanis sector were located. The "Arkonis sector" does not appear in the later published The Essential Atlas, its associated maps, or the supplemental The Essential Atlas Online Companion.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Giant spiders are awesome....
- LEGO Star Wars: The Quest for R2-D2 film
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Star Wars Technical Journal, Volume One
- Star Wars Technical Journal
- Alliance Intelligence Reports
- "The Greel Wood Haven"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Jawas"—Star Wars Gamer 3 "
- "Underworld: A Galaxy of Scum and Villainy"—Star Wars Insider 89
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 1.44 1.45 1.46 1.47 1.48 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Legacy 37: Tatooine, Part 1
- ↑ Secrets of Tatooine
- ↑ Alliance Intelligence Reports
- ↑ The Bounty Hunter Wars
- ↑ *