The Armored Assault Tank, also known as the AAT battle tank or the AAT-1 Hover Tank, was an artillery vehicle used by the Trade Federation and later donated to the Confederacy of Independent Systems where it served as one of its backbone infantry defenses. General Lok Durd modified one of these into the Defoliator Deployment Tank, which was later used by Grievous on Dathomir. After the Clone Wars, dozens of these units fell into the hands of the Alliance to Restore the Republic where they were modified extensively in order to accommodate organic crews.
The AAT's main weapon was a heavy laser cannon capable of obliterating Republic AT-TE walkers. The cannon was used alongside the two light laser cannons on each side of the tank.
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Exit from Endor" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- (First identified as Armored Assault Tank)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Set: 75080 AAT)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines