|Arquitens-class light cruiser|
| Technical specifications
- "How do you plan on getting Grievous aboard your ship?"
"Not to worry, the good General and I have a history. I'm sure he'll want to even the score, face to face."
- ―Adi Gallia and Obi-Wan Kenobi, the latter electing to capture General Grievous aboard an Arquitens-class light cruiser
- "The enemy ships are faster and more maneuverable. I suggest caution."
- ―TV-94, referring to the Arquitens-class light cruiser and its companion Consular-class cruisers
The Arquitens-class resembled a smaller version of the Venator-class Star Destroyer, with engines similar to the smaller Consular-class space cruiser. A docking ring was located on each side of the ship and a deep split cleaved the bow into two prongs.
Atop the main hull was a small T-shaped command tower, with two quad laser turrets flanking it. Two identical emplacements were located on the ventral bow, while four dual-barreled turbolaser batteries were located on the sides of the cruiser. Large slits on either side of these cannons allowed them to be repositioned for frontal, broadside or backwards firing. This function, combined with the dorsal & ventral turrets, granted the ship a good arc of fire.
All gun emplacements were retracted into the hull during re-entry to prevent the barrels from being damaged by sudden drag force. The bridge/bow turrets descended/ascended into large trap-door hatches, while the flank cannons receded into the bow prongs.
Like the refitted Consular-class cruisers, ships of this kind were regarded as "escort-class" by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, contrasting the Venator-class which was identified as "cruiser-class."
- "Uh, sir, there are several ships coming out of hyperspace."
"Are they Republic or Separatist?"
"Republic. Three cruiser-class, four escort-class."
- ―A B1 battle droid reports to Grievous the arrival of Star Destroyers and four escort ships, including the Arquitens-class light cruiser
The Arquitens-class light cruiser was an escort cruiser.
- "Get back to the bridge. We need to detach before Grievous jumps ship."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to the clone naval officers aboard his Arquitens-class light cruiser during the Battle of Saleucami
Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi commanded one of these ships during the Battle of Saleucami, during which it was used to attract General Grievous as a distraction for the boarding party. The ship was destroyed during the battle, along with two clone pilots who were trying to pull away from the Separatist cruiser that had docked onto it.
Several Arquitens-class light cruisers formed part of the fleet that protected Kamino when it was attacked by General Grievous and Asajj Ventress. Arquitens-class ships were also part of the fleet that engaged Ventress's fleet in the Sullust system later on.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "This episode is filled with numerous new starship models, including the Separatist destroyer (based on a ship design seen in Episode III), a Republic light cruiser (a new design) and a Jedi ambassadorial shuttle (based on Joe Johnston concept art for the Imperial shuttle seen in Episode VI)."
- ―Episode Guide for "Grievous Intrigue"
The Arquitens-class light cruiser first appeared in "Grievous Intrigue," though it did not receive a specific starship class until the publication of Star Wars: The Clone Wars Official Episode Guide Series 1 & 2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.10's section on "Grievous Intrigue" incorrectly stated that Kenobi dueled General Grievous aboard the latter's flagship instead of Kenobi's light cruiser.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue" (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter" (Appears in flashback(s)) (Wreckage only)
- The Clone Wars: The Hunt for Grievous
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- "Downhill"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.43
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- (First identified as Republic light cruiser and Jedi light cruiser)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.10 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: New Battlefronts: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Official Episode Guide Series 1 & 2 (First identified as Arquitens-class light cruiser)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Two
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide
- The Art of Star Wars: The Clone Wars booklet
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars Official Episode Guide Series 1 & 2
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"