Artiodacs were a fearsome-looking sentient species native to the planet Artiod Minor with tough hides, bulging arms, and deep, rumbling voices whose members could live for several centuries. Although most were quiet, solitary being by nature, centuries of enslavement by the Zygerrian Slave Empire forced upon them the reputation of serving as gladiators in galactic arenas, hired muscle for crime lords, and janissaries in private armies. The disfigured chef Strono Tuggs was an Artiodac, as was the staff cook who served the Smuggler's crew.
- "A Recipe for Death"
- Star Wars 16: Rebel Jail, Part I
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- The Force Awakens, Part III
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Artiodac)
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy