- "Green Leader standing by."
- ―Arvel Crynyd checks in during the Battle of Endor
Arvel Crynyd was a human male pilot who served in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. In 4 ABY, Crynyd participated in the Alliance's assault on the Galactic Empire's second Death Star in the Battle of Endor, flying an RZ-1 A-wing interceptor as leader of Green Squadron. During the battle, Crynyd killed himself in a suicide run to destroy the Executor, a Super Star Destroyer. Following his death, fellow Rebel pilot and Green Squadron member Lieutenant L'ulo L'ampar, who was flying as Green Two, became the group commander of Green Squadron.
Personality and traitsEdit
Crynyd was a human male with brown eyes and light skin.
Behind the scenesEdit
Arvel Crynyd first appeared in the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. He was portrayed by Hilton McRae in an uncredited role. Crynyd would later make an appearance in the first issue of the 2015 comic series Shattered Empire, Part I
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Shattered Empire, Part I (Voice only) (As Green Leader)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes (First identified as Arvel Crynyd)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ; images #1, 4