Assassin droids were a type of droid built specifically for the purpose of assassination. They were independently programmed, answering to no masters, but could be programmed to serve one or more masters. The company Holowan Laboratories produced a model of assassin droid known as the IG-86 sentinel droid, which were used as enforcers by criminal elements. Other assassin droids included the BT-1 assassin droids and 0-0-0 produced by the Galactic Empire's Tarkin Initiative, and the droid bounty hunters IG-88 and IG-90.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Lost Treasure of Cloud City"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return to the Wheel"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- "A Trip to the Light Side"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Expanded Universe (Set: 75167 Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Droidography