Assassin droids were a type of droid built specifically for the purpose of assassination. They were independently programmed, answering to no masters. The company Holowan Laboratories produced a model of assassin droid known as the IG-86 sentinel droid, which were used as enforcers by criminal elements. Other assassin droids included the BT-1 assassin droids and 0-0-0 produced by the Galactic Empire's Tarkin Initiative, and the droid bounty hunter IG-88.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Lost Treasure of Cloud City"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- "A Trip to the Light Side"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Card Trader
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: Complete Locations