- "Ultimately, Belia was betrayed and murdered by her own followers. A familiar occurrence in the histories I have read."
In 1230 BBY during a subset of the New Sith Wars called the Sictis Wars, the Dark Lord Belia Darzu was assassinated by the Mecrosa Order, a secret society based in the Tapani sector. The assassination occurred after an alliance between Lord Darzu and the Mecrosa had fallen apart. Despite their former connections with the Sith, the Mecrosa sought revenge against Darzu for her unwanted incursion in their territory. In addition, Darzu was betrayed by her own Sith followers, who somehow participated in her murder. Using poison, the Mecrosa ended the Dark Lord's life on Tython, a planet located in the Deep Core of the galaxy. The death of Lord Darzu sabotaged her army of technobeasts, the Metanecrons. The Sith were also left without a clear line of succession for a new holder of the Dark Lord mantle.
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two (Mentioned only)
- Vader: The Ultimate Guide (First mentioned)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia