|Assault on the Aparo sector|
- "Immediately thereafter the Sith began a full assault on the Republic allies in the Aparo sector, which fell before the Republic fleet even arrived."
The assault on the Aparo sector was an offensive launched by the Sith Empire in the early days of the Great Galactic War. Following the Sith's return to known space, the Galactic Republic was slow to mobilize an effective defense. As a result, the Republic's allies in the Aparo sector of the Outer Rim Territories were wholly undefended and one of the Empire's first targets. The Imperial assault on the sector was a success, forcing the Republic's allies to give in to the Sith and change allegiances.
- "The Emperor wanted us to witness the full might of his forces before he attacked."
Following centuries of seclusion in the Unknown Regions of the galaxy, the ancient Sith Empire returned to known space and waged war against the Galactic Republic. The Sith first reappeared on the fringes of the Tingel Arm, where a fleet of Harrower-class dreadnaughts engaged and destroyed a diplomatic envoy from the Republic, initiating the Great Galactic War. The Sith's next target was the Outer Rim Aparo sector, a region of the Tingel Arm that was allied with the Republic.
The Imperial assault was swift and effective, beginning and ending before the Republic was able to mount an organized defense of the sector. The Imperial military invaded the worlds of the Aparo sector with Sith soldiers and war droids, quickly overrunning the native defenders. As a result of the Republic's inability to combat the Empire, the governments of the Aparo sector abandoned their ally and defected to the Sith Empire.
- "The Republic fleet suddenly found itself in enemy territory, fighting desperately on all sides."
Following the assault on the Aparo sector and the defection of the governments of Aparo, the Republic attempted to launch an offensive against the Empire throughout the Tingel Arm. However, the Republic's former allies on Belkadan and Sernpidal of the Dalonbian sector, and Ruuria in the Xappyh sector, had also fallen to the Sith. Much like the Aparo sector, these worlds had become subservient to the Empire. As a result, instead of combating the Empire alongside the natives of these worlds, the Republic fleet was caught within enemy territory, fighting for survival. These opening battles of the Great Galactic War put the Republic on the defensive for several decades and contributed to the Empire's ultimate victory twenty-eight years later. Following the close of the war, the assault on the Aparo sector was included in Jedi Master Gnost-Dural's recounting of the beginning of the Sith invasion.
Behind the scenesEdit
The assault on the Aparo sector first appeared in the sixth installment of the Galactic Timeline, titled Onslaught of the Sith Empire. The timeline is a series of web videos presented as historical accounts on the story behind the computer game Star Wars: The Old Republic. The installments are available on the game's official site and are narrated by the Kel Dor Jedi Master Gnost-Dural, who is voiced by actor Lance Henriksen.
- Timeline 6: Onslaught of the Sith Empire (First appearance)
- (First mentioned)
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 Timeline 6: Onslaught of the Sith Empire
- ↑ The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural
- ↑ Timeline 6: Onslaught of the Sith Empire indicates that the assault occurs twenty-eight years before the Treaty of Coruscant. The Treaty is signed and ratifed in 3653 BBY, as seen in The Old Republic: Deceived and The Essential Atlas, confirming that the assault occurs in 3681 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Essential Atlas Online Companion
- ↑ 5.0 5.1