The Assertor and her sister ship Wrath were the first two Assertor-class dreadnoughts built, and were both completed and launched just prior to the Battle of Yavin. The Imperial Navy used her as a sector command and control ship, and she often traveled in task groups flanked by Bellator and Mandator-class dreadnoughts when undergoing fleet maneuvers.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Assertor-class Star Dreadnought originated as a fanon design by Ansel Hsiao, who envisioned a 15 kilometer long warship with power generation approximately equivalent to 400 Imperial-class Star Destroyers. The design entered continuity when it appeared in The Essential Guide to Warfare, on which Ansel worked as an illustrator. Jason Fry, author of The Essential Guide to Warfare, confirmed in his blog that the class name and specifications have been officially recorded by Lucas Licensing. The Assertor was first identified as the lead ship of her class in Lead by Example, a sourcebook for the Age of Rebellion roleplaying game that was released on February 4, 2016.
- Lead by Example (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 EG to Warfare: Endnotes Pt. 7
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Lead by Example
- ↑ The Wrath alongside the lead ship of the class Assertor were mentioned in Lead by Example to have existed before the Battle of Yavin, and The Essential Guide to Warfare stated that it existed during the Galactic Civil War, indicating it was created between these two dates.
- ↑ Post by Ansel Hsiao (fractalsponge1) on Assertor's firepower