- "We know about the hidden asteroid thruster—so give us the parts and we'll be on our way."
- ―Syndulla confronts Vez about his use of the thrusters
Asteroid thrusters were a type of thruster which could be attached to asteroids and used to move them. The owner of Osisis Station, Galus Vez, had an asteroid thruster hidden on an asteroid in his personal race track, Fool's Run. He used the thruster to drive the asteroid into competitor's vehicles will he raced, being able to activate it remotely from his Gauntlet fighter Splendour. Vez deployed the thruster during a race against the Twi'lek pilot Hera Syndulla, hitting her starship Ghost and damaging its stabilizers. Syndulla was still able to beat Vez in the race despite the damage, as two of her crew members used the Force to drive asteroids into the Splendour as well.
Behind the scenesEdit
Asteroid thrusters first appeared in canon comic strip "Ring Race" which was written by Martin Fisher and illustrated by Bob Molesworth. The strip was published in the first issue of the Star Wars Rebels Magazine series, which was released on January 28, 2015.
- "Ring Race"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 1 (First appearance)
- Darth Vader 3: Vader, Part III
- Darth Vader 8: Shadows and Secrets, Part II