|Chronological and political information|
During the Clone Wars Atai Molec worked with Count Dooku during the Battle of Kiros. He was receiving the slaves from Kiros and was beside Dooku when the Sith Lord commanded Darts D'Nar to bring Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi to him on his knees. Molec then ran into Anakin Skywalker dressed in Zygerrian armor, who claimed to have news of Bruno Denturri. On Queen Miraj Scintel order he brought Skywalker, claiming to be Lars Quell to the Queen. After Kenobi was captured trying to free Governor Roshti, Kenobi was held captive and tortured by the Zygerrians. Molec recognized Kenobi from the hologram. Molec then informed the Queen of his discovery and had Kenobi brought to the auction. When Skywalker revealed himself to be a Jedi, a fight broke out in the arena between the Jedi and the Zygerrians. Molec was subdued by Ahsoka Tano. She was then knocked out by the Queen. After the fight, Molec taunted Tano, suspended in a cage above the palace, that once Skywalker was subdued, she would belong to him. Tano pushed him off the edge of the building telekinetically, nearly causing him to fall to his death. Molec then proceeded to shock Tano multiple times through her shock collar. Molec then, unbeknownst to his queen, invited Count Dooku to Zygerria. Molec informed his queen of Dooku's arrival and brought her to the palace to speak with the Separatist leader. There, the Queen told the Count of her plan to enslave the Jedi. Though Dooku was impressed with her plan, he wanted her to kill Skywalker and the other Jedi. When she refused, Molec and Dooku betrayed her, saying that the Jedi must die and that she was unfit to be queen.
Behind the scenesEdit
Atai Molec originally appeared in Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Slaves of the Republic comic book. However that comic book has since been made non-canon as it has been adapted into a story arc for Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped" (Appears in hologram) (First identified as Molec)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars 3: Slaves of the Republic - Chapter 3: The Depths of Zygerria (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars 4: Slaves of the Republic - Chapter 4: Auction of a Million Souls (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars 5: Slaves of the Republic - Chapter 5: A Slave now, a Slave forever (Non-canonical appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit