Atheloe was a male Lutrillian who lived during the Galactic Civil War. He was present in Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina on the day that Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker chartered Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon for passage to Alderaan in 0 BBY. Atheloe had a seat in front of the entrance and close to the bar.
Behind the scenesEdit
Atheloe was created as a background character for the cantina scene in 1977's Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, one of two members of his species to appear in the film. The character was designed by John Mollo, and his mask was sculpted by Stuart Freeborn for shooting in England. The only difference between the two Lutrillian costumes was an ascot worn by one of the actors; the crew referred to at least one of these characters as the Colonel, and at least one as the Hare Mouse. Lucasfilm's personnel dubbed one of the characters as Ownellco when Kenner asked for official names for the cantina denizens. The article "Cantina Roll-Call: Shedding Light on Some Alien Aliases" conflates these two Lutrillians as the same, leaving it unclear which Lutrillian was due to be named Ownellco. However, the article "Rogues Gallery: The Unusual Suspects: Who's Who in Mos Eisley" establishes that the ascot-wearing Lutrillian is Ownellco and gives the name of Atheloe to the seated Lutrillian. The name "Atheloe" was originally used as an example Lutrillian name in Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds.
Atheloe is not very visible, and he receives little screen time, only briefly visible sitting near a pillar directly in front of the cantina entrance. One of the Lutrillians is later visible walking the streets of Mos Eisley. Atheloe is more prominently featured in a rough cut of the cantina sequence.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Magic of Myth (book) (Concept design by John Mollo)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds (Used as sample Lutrillian name)
- The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film (Picture only)
- The Sounds of Star Wars (Picture only)
- "Jedi Archive"—Star Wars Insider 124 (Mask only, identified as Solomahal)
- "Rogues Gallery: The Unusual Suspects: Who's Who in Mos Eisley"—Star Wars Insider 130 (First identified as Atheloe)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 "Rogues Gallery: The Unusual Suspects: Who's Who in Mos Eisley"—Star Wars Insider 130
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
- ↑ Star Wars: Chronicles, p. 86.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2
- ↑ The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film, p. 171.
- ↑ Star Wars: Chronicles, p. 79.
- ↑ Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds, p. 25.
- ↑ Star Wars: Behind the Magic.