An atlatl was a one-handed Gungan throwing device consisting of a short stick with a cradle in one of its ends. It acted as an extension of the arm, enabling a booma to travel at a greater speed and force than possible with the unaided arm. It had optimal range of 30 meters, and a maximum range of 100 meters. It could also be used without an energy ball, as a blunt weapon.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gungan Attack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"