An atmosphere was a collection of gases that surrounded a celestial body that possessed sufficient mass, and therefore sufficient gravity to hold it. Examples included many planets, moons, and large asteroids. Almost all species in the galaxy needed some form of atmosphere to breathe.
As Humans were the predominant species within the Galactic Republic, later the Galactic Empire, a large number of planets within it possessed an atmosphere that supported human life, having a sufficient amount of oxygen.
Technically, atmospheres appear in most Star Wars works. The following is a list of media in which atmospheres are specifically mentioned:
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Lost Stars
- The Rebellion Begins
- "TK-146275"—Star Wars Insider 166
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- "Scorched"—Star Wars Insider 165
- ; image #4 (of 15)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Atmosphere on Wikipedia