An atmosphere was a collection of gases that surrounded a celestial body that possessed sufficient mass, and therefore sufficient gravity to hold it. Examples included many planets, moons, and large asteroids. Almost all species in the galaxy needed some form of atmosphere to breathe.
As humans were the predominant species within the Galactic Republic, later the Galactic Empire, a large number of planets within it possessed an atmosphere that supported human life, having a sufficient amount of oxygen.
Technically, atmospheres appear in most Star Wars works. The following is a list of media in which atmospheres are specifically mentioned:
- "A Recipe for Death"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold
- "TK-462"—Star Wars Insider 166
- Rebel Rising
- Lost Stars
- The Rebellion Begins
- Guardians of the Whills
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: A New Hope (paperback novel)
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- "Scorched"—Star Wars Insider 165
- Join the Resistance
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ; image #4 (of 15)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Atmosphere on Wikipedia