An atmosphere was a collection of gases that surrounded a celestial body that possessed sufficient mass, and therefore sufficient gravity to hold it. Examples included many planets, moons, and large asteroids. Almost all species in the galaxy needed some form of atmosphere to breathe.
As humans were the predominant species within the Galactic Republic, later the Galactic Empire, a large number of planets within it possessed an atmosphere that supported human life, having a sufficient amount of oxygen.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars Complete Visual Dictionary, Updated Edition
- ; image #4 (of 15)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Atmosphere on Wikipedia