- "This planet may be hot, dry, and unpleasant…but at least there's nothing trying to kill us."
- ―CT-7567, before he was attacked by Atollon's wildlife
Atollon was a remote planet in the Outer Rim Territories. In the third year before the Battle of Yavin, the rebels went to Atollon and established a base after receiving intel from rebel astromech Chopper and AP-5, an inventory droid in service of the Empire.
- "The site doesn't look like much, I'll admit. The good news is our scouts found a fresh water source deep underground."
Atollon was located in an undiscovered region of the Outer Rim Territories, off a major hyperspace route. The planet had a breathable atmosphere, but a hot climate. Despite the dry weather on the surface, the planet featured a fresh water source deep underground. The planet had caverns which served as hives to the giant krykna spiders. Atollon was also home to other creatures, such as the convorees and the dokma.
In the wake of the near-destruction of the Phoenix Squadron during many battles, the early rebellion against the Empire faced a shortage of bases for their forces. In 3 BBY, the rebels found Atollon by cross-referencing rebel data with the Imperial network, provided by AP-5 and the astromech droid Chopper, and successfully established the Chopper Base. After the sudden disappearance of rebel Lieutenant Dicer, they found out that one of the planet's native creatures was the Krykna, a giant spider-like predator. Eventually, they managed to ensure the base's protection using the sensor markers as a fence. Later, the former Jedi Ahsoka Tano traveled to Atollon to meet up with the Jedi Knight Kanan Jarrus, Padawan Ezra Bridger, and Chopper for a mission to Malachor.
After returning from their mission to Malachor, the blinded Kanan along with Ezra and Chopper were greeted by their fellow rebels, Rex, AP-5, and Commander Jun Sato. In 2 BBY, Atollon continued to host Chopper Base. While Kanan stayed behind to meditate in the Force, Ezra assumed a greater leadership role among Hera Syndulla's rebel cell and led a successful mission to rescue Hondo Ohnaka, a Weequay pirate who supplied the Phoenix Squadron with information about the Imperial starfighter reclamation plant Reklam Station. While Ezra led a recon mission there, Kanan encountered Bendu, who taught him to overcome his fear of the Krykna and repair his connection to the Force. Kanan also left the Sith holocron that Ezra had obtained on Malachor in Bendu's care.
After the former Sith Maul kidnapped Hera and the other Ghost crew, Kanan and Ezra traveled on a speeder bike into Atollon's wilderness to find Bendu and retrieve the Sith holocron. There, they told Bendu that Maul planned to combine the Sith holocron with Kanan's Jedi holocron. The Bendu counselled Ezra and Kanan that doing so would provide clarity but could lead to chaos. Nevertheless, he allowed Ezra to retrieve the Sith holocron from an underground cave full of Krykna. With the help of Kanan, Ezra overcame his fear of the giant spiders and together the two retrieved the holocron.
Later, the Spectres, Rex, and Commander Sato attended a briefing at Chopper Base to discuss a mission to rescue several cadets from the Imperial Skystrike Academy who wanted to defect. The Mandalorian weapons expert Sabine Wren was assigned the mission. After rescuing the cadets, Sabine along with Wedge Antilles and Derek Klivian arrived at Chopper Base where they welcomed by Commander Sato.
After evacuating rebel dissidents and the rebel cell Iron Squadron from the planet Mykapo, Commander Sato had an emotional reunion with his nephew Mart Mattin at Chopper Base. Later, Hera, Sabine, Zeb, and Commander Sato remained at Chopper Base while Ezra, Kanan, and Chopper undertook a mission to infiltrate the Imperial Armory Complex on Lothal with Ryder Azadi's rebel cell. Ezra's team and Ryder corresponded via hologram throughout the mission. As a result of the mission, the Phoenix rebels learned that Grand Admiral Thrawn was developing a new starfighter initiative and that the Imperial Security Bureau Agent Kallus had become a rebel informant.
Using the information obtained by Ezra and Chopper, Hera began preparations for a strike on the Lothal Imperial factory. Before they could proceed with the mission, Ezra succumbed to a dark side attack by Maul. While Hera and the rest of Phoenix Squadron left for Lothal, Ezra, Kanan, and Sabine stayed behind to deal with Maul. Ezra and Kanan encountered Maul in the wilderness after communing with Bendu. Ezra agreed to follow Maul to the planet Dathomir after Maul threatened to activate a homing beacon that would alert the Empire to Chopper Base.
Later, the E-XD infiltrator droid EXD-9 discovered the planet Atollon and Chopper Base. Before he could alert the Empire to the presence of Chopper Base, EXD-9 was overpowered and deactivated by Zeb, Chopper, and AP-5. The rebels then reprogrammed him into a bomb which destroyed an Imperial Star Destroyer. Despite this setback for the Empire, Thrawn managed to zoom his search for the Phoenix rebel base to 94 systems.
After a reluctant Sabine agreed to learn how to wield the Darksaber in order to gain leadership over the Mandalorian people, Kanan and Ezra took her into Atollon's wilderness to train her. Over several days, Sabine managed to overcome her own self doubt and fears. Her rebel comrades including Fenn Rau that vowed to support her mission to rally the Mandalorians over to the rebel cause.
During an undercover mission to rescue the rogue ISB Agent Kallus, Chopper deleted Atollon from Grand Admiral Thrawn's star chart aboard the Star Destroyer Chimaera. Later, several members of the Phoenix Squadron witnessed the former Imperial Senator and rebel leader Mon Mothma's HoloNet speech announcing the formation of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Following a rebel mission to Killun Station, Imperial slicers hijacked Chopper in an attempt to find the location of the rebel base on Atollon. Their plot was foiled by Chopper's rebel comrades who restored Chopper's original programming and transmitted a data surge which destroyed the slicer's Gozanti-class cruiser.
After receiving messages from Kanan's Jedi holocron and the Malachor Sith holocron hinting that the Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi's life was in danger, Ezra stole an RZ-1T and traveled to Tatooine. He and Chopper later returned to the planet after Kenobi defeated Maul in combat.
Soon after, a battle ensued on the planet between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance. The battle left the Bendu transforming into a "storm" and later dying. The battle ended with an imperial victory and the base was abandoned.
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Forgotten Droid" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Mystery of Chopper Base"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Holocrons of Fate"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Imperial Super Commandos"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Iron Squadron"
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Visions and Voices"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Ghosts of Geonosis" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Warhead"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Trials of the Darksaber"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes" (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Secret Cargo"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Double Agent Droid" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twin Suns"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- (Image 5) (First identified as Atollon)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In "Warhead," "Fulcrum" says that E-XD infiltrator droids sweep Outer Rim worlds for rebel bases. An Infiltrator Droid lands on Atollon in "Warhead," meaning that it must be located in the Outer Rim.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars Rebels – "The Forgotten Droid"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 Star Wars Rebels – "The Mystery of Chopper Base"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Secret Cargo"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- ↑ The events of "The Forgotten Droid" take place after "A Princess on Lothal," which is the first known episode to take place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see Wookieepedia's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Holocrons of Fate"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Iron Squadron"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Visions and Voices"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Warhead"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Trials of the Darksaber"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Double Agent Droid"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Twin Suns"