At the time of the Cold War, many inscriptions and advertising in Atrisian script could be spotted, notably on Nar Shaddaa. This means this script was already in wide galactic use as of 3653 BBY. Millennia later, by the time of the Galactic Civil War, it was most commonly used for confidential information.
Behind the scenesEdit
It seems the (then unnamed) Atrisian script was first used in old LucasArts games before Stephen Crane had fully developed Aurebesh. It appears to be the same as the writing on the display in the Emperor's throne room aboard the Death Star II (seen in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi).
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (Retcon)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance) (Retcon)
- Star Wars Screen Entertainment (Retcon)
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (Retcon)
- Star Wars: X-Wing (Retcon)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic