Attack Pattern Delta was one of three Rogue Doctrine attack formations developed by Commander Luke Skywalker and Alliance tactician Beryl Chiffonage,[source?] with help from Risiev Credal, for use by the T-47 airspeeders stationed at Echo Base on the planet Hoth.
Skywalker and Chiffonage knew they would be facing Imperial walkers in the upcoming battle after the Rebel base had been discovered. However, until the actual thick of combat, the fact that the armor of an AT-AT walker was too strong for the snowspeeders' laser cannons was unknown.
The tactic consisted of a formation of snowspeeders approaching the enemy walkers in a single-file formation to give the enemy a single target. When the speeders reached optimal firing range, the lead speeder would fire before peeling off in one direction. While an AT-AT could only track a single speeder, the rest of the squadron would be able to approach relatively safely, each with a clear shot before parting in different directions.
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
- Star Wars Trilogy Arcade
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back junior novel
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire video game (PC version)
- X-wing Rogue Squadron: The Warrior Princess
- Young Jedi Knights: The Emperor's Plague
- Alliance Intelligence Reports
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Attack Pattern Delta)
- "Who's Who in Echo Base"—Star Wars Insider 74
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Starships of the Galaxy (Saga Edition)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – The Battle of Hoth (Card: Attack Pattern Delta)