- "I called it. Those outlaws are mountin' an attack!"
- ―Saponza warns his partners of the incoming hostiles
During the Galactic Civil War, a group of outlaws working for Jabba the Hutt attacked a homestead on the planet Tatooine, belonging to the mercenary Saponza. The homestead's autoturrets shot down all of the mercenaries, after which the majordomo Bib Fortuna contacted the mercenaries and informed them Jabba was angry in what become a dispute.
- "There are lots of outlaws out here. We should build up our defences."
- ―Saponza advises his partner to oversee the construction of a autoturret
At some point between the Battle of Yavin and the Battle of Hoth during the Galactic Civil War between the Alliance to Restore the Republic and the Galactic Empire, the mercenary Saponza returned after an extended period of absence to the planet Tatooine with his with partner and gang. The group established a new base of operations in a homestead on the planet, where Saponza advised his partner to construct a new autoturret, since the homestead only had one.
After the autoturret's construction was complete, six blaster-wielding outlaws serving the Hutt crime lord Jabba arrived and attacked the homestead. The two autoturrets opened fire and swiftly gunned down all of the criminals.
- "Those men worked for my master, the mighty Jabba the Hutt. He is most displeased with your hostility."
- ―Bib Fortuna contacts the mercenaries following the battle
Following the battle, Jabba's majordomo Bib Fortuna contacted the mercenaries via hologram and informed them that they had angered his master. Worried the powerful Hutt would mount another attack, the gang bought another construction droid and built an alloy refinery and an alloy depot. They were then asked to aid the Empire in attacking a Tusken Raider camp, and offered the opportunity to ally with the Imperials. The Alliance also contacted the mercenaries and asked for their aid in recovering medical supplies from a Hutt Cartel den on the planet Dandoran, also earning them an offer of allegiance from the Rebels. While the mercenaries were off-world aiding the Alliance, Jabba's men destroyed their homestead in vengeance for the outlaws deaths. Realizing they couldn't face Jabba alone the gang then chose to accept the Rebellions's offer.. The mercenary gang would later work with Jabba and Fortuna in order to obtain intel on the Empire; however, the arrangement eventually broke down and conflict between Saponza's men and the Hutt's errupted once more.
Behind the scenesEdit
The attack first appeared in Star Wars: Commander, a mobile strategy game released in 2014 by Disney Interactive. The attack acts as part of the game's tutorial and always has the same outcome. Shortly after the battle players must chose to either side with the Empire or the Alliance.
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Star Wars: Commander, Chapter 1: Mercenary Decisions
- ↑ In Kekit's Databank entry, it is stated that Saponza and his partner played an integral part in the campaign that liberated a Jawa clan from the Tusken Raiders. It also states that the plan was orchestrated by Jennica Pierce of the Rebel Alliance. This scenario does not occur if the player aligns with the Empire, so it can be deduced that Saponza's gang joined the Rebellion.
- ↑ Star Wars: Commander, Chapter 5: Servant of Two Masters