- "Attention: The Imperial garrison on Tatooine requires local assistance in dealing with a Tusken Raider camp. I've mobilized several AT-ST's for this mission. In light of that, failure will not be tolerated."
- ―Vader orders Saponza and his partner to aid in the attack
A gang of mercenaries led by the human Saponza and his partner aided the Galactic Empire in attacking a Tusken Raider camp on the planet Tatooine. The mercenaries used All Terrain Scout Transports provided by the Empire to destroy the camp, after which the Sith Lord Darth Vader congratulated them and requested they work with Empire again in future.
- "I'm picking up an Imperial transmission. It's Darth Vader! What would the Emperor's champion want on Tatooine?"
- ―Saponza receives Vader's transmission
At sometime between the Battle of Yavin and the Battle of Hoth during the Galactic Civil War between the Alliance to Restore the Republic and the Galactic Empire, the mercenary Saponza returned to his homestead on the planet Tatooine and met there with an old friend. Shortly after they were finished constructing a new autoturret, the mercenaries were attacked by a group of outlaws working for the crime lord Jabba the Hutt. The homestead's autoturrets managed to kill the criminals, after which Jabba's majordomo Bib Fortuna contacted them and informed them that the Hutt was angry. The Sith Lord Darth Vader then contacted the pair by hologram and ordered that they aid the local Imperial garrison in destroying a nearby Tusken Raider camp. The Sith provided the mercenaries with three All Terrain Scout Transports for the battle.
The mercenaries deployed the three AT-STs, causing a group of seven Tuskens to emerge from the camp and attack. A pair of Imperial TIE/ln space superiority starfighters then began firing on buildings in the camp, completing multiple attack runs. The walkers and starfighters proved superior in combat though and destroyed the entire camp, including three autoturrets the Tusken's controlled.
- "Your actions were noted, mercenary. The Empire would find your skills useful."
- ―Vader congratulates Saponza's partner
Once the camp was destroyed Vader contacted the mercenaries again and congratulated them, telling them that they should work with the Empire again in future. Saponza considered the request, but before he could decide Princess Leia Organa contacted him and his partner and asked for their aid in recovering medical supplies from a Hutt Cartel den on the planet Dandoran. The mercenaries obliged, and were offered allegiance by the Alliance as well. The mercenaries chose to work with the rebellion.
Behind the scenesEdit
The attack first appeared in Star Wars: Commander, a mobile strategy game released in 2014 by Disney Interactive. The attack acts as part of the game's tutorial and always has the same outcome. Shortly after the battle players must chose to either side with the Empire or the Alliance.
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 Star Wars: Commander, chapter 1
- ↑ In Kekit's Databank entry, it is stated that Saponza and his partner played an integral part in the campaign that liberated a Jawa clan from the Tusken Raiders. It also states that the plan was orchestrated by Jennica Pierce of the Rebel Alliance. This scenario does not occur if the player aligns with the Empire, so it can be deduced that Saponza's gang joined the Rebellion.