|Attack on the Trade Federation Research Station|
- "Trade Federation forces dead ahead. Protect the settlement."
- ―Naboo commando to Lt. Gavyn Sykes
This attack was launched by the Royal Naboo Security Forces after receiving intelligence about a Trade Federation Research Station. The Research Station was working on creating a new type of battle droid. A commando raid captured the research station, and Lieutenant Gavyn Sykes provided air support while the data were downloaded. After Federation reinforcements joined the battle, the commandos were evacuated.
After the invasion of their home planet, the forces of Naboo kept on their guard and watched the actions of the Trade Federation. They launched an attack on a research station to uncover its secrets.
- "I have enemy fighters on my scope."
- ―Lt. Sykes
After the Naboo commandos captured the facility, the Trade Federation launched reinforcements in the form of a C-9979 landing craft and droid starfighters. Lieutenant Gavyn Sykes, the sole Naboo pilot, engaged the initial Federation forces while flying his N-1 starfighter.
He strafed the six approaching Armored Assault Tanks, thinning their ranks. The Multi-Troop Transport was destroyed before it could disgorge its complement of B1 battle droids. As the data theft continued, the Trade Federation continued to harass the Naboo defenders using STAPS and more droid starfighters. Sykes destroyed many forces, but eventually the superior numbers took their toll and the Research Station began to crumble, even with laser turret defenses.
When the data completed its download, the commandos called for their Consular-class cruiser to evacuate them. The ship landed on the base as the soldiers climbed aboard. With the survivors gathered together, the ship lifted off. A number of droid starfighters began to chase the escaping cruiser, but Sykes escorted the ship to a safe distance.
- "The commandos uncovered evidence of new advanced battle droid technology. We must monitor this new development vigilantly..."
- ―The post-battle briefing given to Lt. Sykes
Behind the scenesEdit
The attack is the first bonus mission of the 2000 video game Star Wars: Battle for Naboo, unlocked through the use of cheat codes or by achieving bronze medals on all regular campaign missions. It is not necessary to destroy all Trade Federation forces, but this article assumes the player did so. There is a security hangar near the facility to change starfighters.
- Star Wars: Battle for Naboo (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ This is a bonus mission unlocked through the use of cheat codes or after the player obtains bronze medals in all regular missions. The game does not specify when and where the mission takes place, and it can happen at any point during, before, or after the occupation of Naboo. Its placement at this point is completely conjectural.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The video game itself refers to its events taking place during the Invasion of Naboo. The New Essential Chronology establishes on page 40 that the invasion happens in 32 BBY. This article assumes this mission takes place after the Invasion.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 3.23 3.24 3.25 3.26 3.27 Star Wars: Battle for Naboo