The Attendants were a retinue of mute alien navigators, led by the Supreme Leader Snoke, who originated from the Unknown Regions. Following the fall of the Galactic Empire at Jakku, what was left of the Empire fled to the Unknown Regions in order to escape from the New Republic and plan their revenge. Although most of the surviving Imperial officers would have likely died while crossing the uncharted Regions, the ancient hyperspace trails blazed by the Attendants helped them to stay there, where they took the shape of what eventually became the First Order. They were present aboard Snoke's flagship the Supremacy at the time of the attack on the Resistance fleet in 34 ABY, where they designed and operated the oculus viewing scope in Snoke's throne room.
Behind the scenesEdit
They were based on concept art originally for J.J. Abrams' 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens and were considered for Gareth Edwards' 2016 film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, before being finalized by the Lucasfilm Ltd. artists for The Last Jedi.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Attendants)
- The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi