- "Decorating this place must have cost a fortune. Those statues are made with real aurodium. No wonder the Empire wants this place."
- ―A visitor to House Organa
Aurodium was an element that, when mined, purified, and formed into ingots, was used as currency in the Outer Rim Territories and other lawless territories where Republic credits were useless, much like nova crystals. Aurodium lacked a specific color, instead sparkling. Aurodium ingots yielded a high load when converted into credits, as was usually the case. Darth Sidious' lightsaber was partially constructed with aurodium.
Aurodium idols were used as gifts to impress and gain the trust of Suudaa Nem'ro, Hutt crime lord of Jiguuna, by an Imperial Agent of the resurrected Sith Empire. This was after they were recovered by the agent from criminal forces.
In 29 BBY, ten large ingots of aurodium were worth three billion credits; however, although the ingots were considered large, all of them were combined small enough to keep inside a pouch that was easily concealed on a person.
Aurodium also came in the form of coin.
Behind the scenesEdit
Aurodium is obviously intended to be the Star Wars version of gold. The first two letters of aurodium are "Au", which is a common prefix for gold-related words and the periodic symbol for gold. However, "gold" has been mentioned in other Star Wars sources.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Cloak of Deception
- Rogue Planet (First appearance)
- Jedi Quest: The Way of the Apprentice
- Republic Commando: True Colors
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures video game
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- The Last Jedi
- The Last of the Jedi: A Tangled Web (Mentioned only)
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (Tokyo only) (Advertisement only)
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Inferno
- Millennium Falcon
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex (Appears in the Pool of Knowledge)
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Underworld: A Galaxy of Scum and Villainy"—Star Wars Insider 89
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Beware the Sith
- Suns of Fortune
- Lords of Nal Hutta