- "Credits? Pre-Empire would be mostly worthless now…Aurodium? Wupiupi coins?"
- ―Reveth, listing possible loot
Aurodium was a type of golden metal rarer than gold, which also existed in the form of a blue crystal. It found use in the modification of equipment as well as luxury items such as trophies and earrings. It was rumored that alchemical forges on the planet Ossus were used to turn lead into aurodium. Han Solo was in possesion of an aurodium-plated dice during his time as a scrumrat on Corellia. During the cold war, the pilot Kazuda Xiono won a trophy made of aurodium from a race. After the Battle of Starkiller Base, General Leia Organa wore a pair of golden aurodium earrings.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Aurodium first appeared in the Star Wars Legends novel Rogue Planet, released on May 2, 2000. It was introduced to Star Wars canon in the video game Star Wars: Uprising. The metal's name was inspired by the real chemical element gold and it's name on the periodic table of elements: "Au". Aurodium features in the non-canon video game Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes as the most expensive datapack type.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Uprising (First identified as Aurodium)
- "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Triple Dark"
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Nexus of Power
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide