- "I am Jedi before I am Nikto."
- ―Ausar Auset
- "He is one with the Force, Master Hett."
- ―K'Kruhk, on Auset's death
A male Force-sensitive Kajain'sa'Nikto, Ausar Auset was discovered by the Jedi Order at an early age; leading him to think of himself as a Jedi first and a Nikto second. Studying the ways of the Force as well as his native culture, Auset constructed a blue-bladed lightsaber before passing his Trials of Knighthood and ascending to the rank of Jedi Knight. At some point during his studies, Auset became acquainted with the famed Jedi hero Sharad Hett and the two had mutual respect between each other.
Attaining the rank of Jedi Master, Jedi Auset dutifully reported to the Coruscant Jedi Temple at the start of the Clone Wars; a deadly conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Master Auset took up the rank of General within the Grand Army of the Republic and led his clone troopers against the Separatist Droid Army. As the war neared its end, Master Auset was one of many Masters fighting on the front lines during the Siege of Saleucami. Master Auset was forced to fight against the Morgukai Shadow Army, an army of cloned Nikto warriors; though his Jedi sense of detachment allowed him to do so effectively. During the battle, Auset formed a strong camaraderie with fellow Master A'Sharad Hett, and stood in battle with him while Master Oppo Rancisis guided events through battle meditation. During the fighting, Master Auset was caught in an explosion from enemy fire, and was killed instantly while his compatriots looked on helplessly.
While there was no time to recover Auset's body, the explosion that took the Nikto Jedi's life exposed underground tunnels that would eventually contribute to the Republic's victory against the Separatists on the planet. During a break in the fighting, at the pyre of Master Rancisis, the surviving Jedi spoke the names of their fallen brethren whose bodies could not be recovered. Along with Jedi Durnar, Xeltek, and T'Bolton, Master Auset's name was uttered over the burning corpse of the Thisspiasian Master.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Republic: Siege of Saleucami (First appearance)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 48 ("Auset, Ausar")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: Republic: Siege of Saleucami
- ↑ ausar-auset's profile on the DarkHorse.com Forums
- ↑ Topic: Getting to know the EU Jedi (John, Jan, Davide, Randy--feel free to help!) on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board; posted by jfostrander on 10/17/05 8:43am)