An autopilot (or auto-pilot) was an onboard computer system on most starships which piloted the vessel on a predetermined trajectory that could be plotted by the pilot or inputed from a catalogue of trajectories stored in the ship's computer.
For example, the N-1 starfighter had a on-board auto-pilot. The coordinates were send to the Snubfighter from the Theed Hangar's computers, just like in the Battle of Naboo. The coordintes were recived in the central "rat-tail" of the fighter.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- "Elusion Illusion"—Star Wars Insider 66
- The Clone Wars: Departure
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back junior novel
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars 69: Death in the City of Bone (Mentioned only)
- The Last Command
- Before the Storm
- Ambush at Corellia
- Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy
- Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers
- Destiny's Way