- «Name's Aza. Or Private Gundo, if you prefer. On guard for House Organa with the rest of the Republic.»
- ―Gundo introduces himself[src]
Aza Gundo was a Kel Dor male who served in the Republic Army during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. During the war, he was stationed on the planet Alderaan as a guard for the House of Organa, where he learned that the House of Thul, a rival house to Organa, was smuggling CryoBan weapons onto the planet. He then asked a Republic-aligned individual to find and destroy the weapons, which the individual accomplished.
- «Got word House Thul is smuggling in CryoBan weapons. Very illegal. Freeze you in three seconds flat.»
- ―Gundo explains the CryoBan situation[src]
Prior to the year 3643 BBY, the male Kel Dor Aza Gundo ran with a group of individuals who were involved in illegitimate activities. However, he eventually made a decision to change the direction his life was headed and joined the Republic Army, which took part in the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. During the war, in the year 3,643 BBY the Kel Dor held the rank of private in the army and had been stationed on the planet of Alderaan as a guard for the House of Organa, one of the Great Houses of Alderaan aligned with the Republic. While stationed as a guard, Gundo learned through his old contacts that the House of Thul, a rival house to House Organa in the Alderaan Civil War, were smuggling illegal CryoBan weapons, including rifles and cells, onto the planet to use in the conflict. The Republic forces managed to put a halt to the smuggling ring bringing in the weapons, but not before a large amount had already made their way into Thul hands and were being used with devastating effect on Organa and Republic forces.
Several days after the smuggling ring was squashed, Gundo asked an individual aligned with the Republic, whom he met in the area known as the Deforested Slopes, to help him with the CryoBan problem, tasking the individual with destroying the weapons that Thul troops were carrying. The individual agreed and traveled to the area of the Apalis Coast known as the Organa Vinerium, where the individual located and killed a large number of Thul troops, taking and destroying CryoBan rifles, cryo cells, and a dropship controlled by House Thul. Upon the individual's return to Gundo, the private congratulated and rewarded the individual with credits and equipment.
Personality and traitsEdit
- «Used to run with a bad crowd. But I'm trying to go legit, with the Republic, you follow?»
- ―Gundo mentions his past.[src]
Aza Gundo was a male Kel Dor with pink skin. He ran with a group of individuals early in his life who he would later come to consider bad company, but eventually decided to try and turn over a new leaf and joined the Republic to help in the Cold War. During the war, though, he chose to use information gained through his old connections to help the Republic and House Organa war effort.
Behind the scenesEdit
- «Long as you don't come back in a block of ice, I'll be impressed.»
- ―Gundo's response if the player accepts the quest.[src]
Aza Gundo first appeared in Star Wars: The Old Republic, an MMORPG released by BioWare in 2011. In the game, Gundo gave the "Frozen Assets" quest to players of the Republic faction on the planet Alderaan. The quest is optional, but this article assumes players complete it as well as the bonus quest "Revenge Served Cold" in order to achieve 100% game completion. The equipment rewarded to the player depends on the class they play.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Republic Mission: "Frozen Assets" on Alderaan
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Bonus Mission: "Revenge Served Cold" on Alderaan
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Alien Species, p. 96