B-U4D, nicknamed "Buford," was a starfighter maintenance droid active approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor, serving as part of the Resistance. B-U4D was a burly loading droid clad in yellow ceramic armor plate. B-U4D served on D'Qar as part of the ground crew that maintained the Resistance's starfighters. Tough and hard-working, Buford was one of many Resistance droids granted independence and seen as partners in the cause rather than mere machines.
Behind the scenesEdit
The character of B-U4D was first revealed in the Databank section of StarWars.com as part of the build up to the release of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 2015. The character then appeared as a minor background character in the film itself. Concept art of B-U4D under the title "Resistance Base Droid H012" was created during pre-production of the film in September 2013 by creature concept designer Jake Lunt Davies.
- "SaBBotage"—Poe Dameron 1: Black Squadron, Part I
- Join the Resistance
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- (First mentioned)