- B1 battle droid: "Sir, over there, the Jedi is escaping."
- B2 commander: "Not likely."
- ―B1 battle droid and his B2 commander[src]
The B2-HA series super battle droid was a version of the B2 super battle droid equipped with a cannon arm that could launch either a warhead, or homing torpedo. They were used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems to lead both B1 battle droids and B2 super battle droids into battle.
The B2-HA series super battle droid model was equipped with a cannon arm or homing torpedo. It could be recognized due to a red circle on its left shoulder. The intelligence of this series was upgraded little from standard infantry but served as a much greater threat during direct combat, capable of creating a large blast radius with its cannon attachment. Due to their limited abilities as competent commanders, they often only led small groups of droids or guarded essential locations on the battlefield. The B2-HA series featured heat exchangers on their back. They were constructed by Baktoid Combat Automata and stood at a height of 1.93 meters.[source?]
During the First Battle of Geonosis in 22 BBY, a B2-HA saw action. It swatted aside its own troops to fire at a Republic All Terrain Tactical Enforcer. Clone trooper CT-1226 targeted its heat exchangers, and the missile it fired hit a Hailfire Droid. CT-1226 disabled the B2 with an Electromagnetic pulse grenade and destroyed the droid with his blaster.
Shortly after, another super battle droid commander was used onboard the Malevolence. An OOM command battle droid ordered the commander to destroy a rail jet using its cannon arm, almost killing Padmé Amidala.
On Rodia, another super battle droid commander led droid troops to protect the city. This droid used a homing torpedo in an attempt to destroy Jar Jar Binks, mistaking him for a Jedi. This droid was destroyed, alongside his troops, by the Kwazel Maw, "Bogey". When Nute Gunray was being transported onboard the Venator-class Star Destroyer, Tranquility, another B2-HA series super battle droid led a Separatist boarding party. This droid exited a Droch-class boarding ship alongside its troops and cleared through a Republic defensive in the Tranquility's hangar with its cannon arm.
A B2-HA series super battle droid served as a commander within Nashtah Team during Cad Bane's attack on the Republic outpost on the planet Devaron. The droid acted under Bounty hunter Aurra Sing during the battle as they prepared to ambush the outpost. Republic forces, however, managed to burst a nearby dam and flood the invasion force.
At least two B2-HA series super battle droids were present during the CIS occupation of Onderon. One was present during a small skirmish between the CIS droids and the Onderon rebels outside the capital city, Iziz while another was present fighting the same group of rebels when they infiltrated Iziz in an attempt to liberate it. However, both droids were destroyed by the rebels.
Behind the scenesEdit
B2-HA series super battle droids appear in Star Wars: The Clone Wars multimedia project.
- Kinect Star Wars
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- The Clone Wars: The Dreams of General Grievous (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace"
- The Clone Wars: Act on Instinct
- "Inside Job"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.1
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Front Runners"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures (In-game location: Felucia)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Clone Wars: Act on Instinct
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"