| Technical specifications
|Chronological and political information|
BG-J38 was a J9 worker drone manufactured by Roche Hive Mechanical Apparatus Design and Construction Activity for Those Who Need the Hive's Machines, a company founded by the Verpine which also produced the 8D8 series of droids and the 8D smelter droid. BG-J38 shared the torso and leg design with the 8D smelter droid.
He was used to provide entertainment for the Hutt and soon became one of Tatooine's best gamblers. He was unbeaten in almost every game, but never won a match against his master. After Jabba's death at the Great Pit of Carkoon BG-J38 disappeared to unknown parts.
Behind the scenesEdit
BG-J38 was sold by Hasbro as one of their "Build a Droid" figures.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- "Lapti Nek" The Music Video from Jabba's Palace
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi 1: In the Hands of Jabba the Hutt
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley (Picture only)
- "Scouting the Galaxy: Merchandise Mysteries… and Menace!"—Star Wars Insider 24
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: BG-J38)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- "Who's Who in Jabba's Palace"—Star Wars Insider 60
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 54 (WOR2, J9 Worker Drone)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia