The BTL-A4 LP "Longprobe", otherwise known simply as the Y-wing Longprobe, was a variant of the standard BTL Y-wing starfighter used as a reconnaissance and scouting fighter by the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War.
The ship was designed so it could better implement the longer-duration missions of the profile of the BTL Y-wing starfighter, such as scouting. As such, the second pilot for the S3 variant, as well as all on-board life and mission support equipment, were removed to allow for this. Because of the consequentially lighter frame, the ship could handle heavier payloads as a substitute for better avionics equipment or weapons-fit out and payloads. In addition, although the turret at the cockpit was retained, it has been changed to save on lightness and locked in the forward firing position.
- The Star Wars Rules Companion (As "Y-wing longprobe")
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Star Wars Gamemaster Kit (As "Longprobe Y-wing Recon")
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Screen Entertainment (as "BTL A4 Y-wing Longprobe")
- Cracken's Threat Dossier
- Star Wars: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition (First identified as BTL-A4 LP "Longprobe")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Starships of the Galaxy (Saga Edition)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Rebel Alliance Sourcebook (Second Edition)