The BTL-S3 was a variant of the BTL Y-wing starfighter line. It was typically crewed by a pilot and gunner, who sat back-to-back in the cockpit. An astromech droid could occupy an exterior socket. Despite its slow speed and ponderous handling characteristics, these craft were renowned for their toughness in the Galactic Civil War. The Resistance operated at least one such craft for armed reconnaissance missions in 34 ABY, during the Cold war.
Known BTL-S3 crewmembersEdit
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure (First appearance)
- Luke and the Lost Jedi Temple
- The Weapon of a Jedi, Part 1
- Poe Dameron 17: War Stories, Part I (First identified as BTL-S3)
- Poe Dameron 18: War Stories, Part II
- Poe Dameron 19: War Stories, Part III