A bacta tank was a cylindrical tank into which a being could be submerged for extensive exposure to bacta, a fluid that could accelerate healing and treat major injuries. Bacta tanks already existed during the Clone Wars, when the Galactic Republic used them to treat its injured soldiers. After being attacked and severely injured by a wampa ice creature on the frigid planet of Hoth, Commander Luke Skywalker was put into a bacta tank so he could recover from his wounds.
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 (Story Gallery: Slide 7)
- ↑ In Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, the bacta tank was shown to be big enough to contain Luke Skywalker. According to the official StarWars.com Databank, Skywalker was 1.72 meters tall.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide