- "Han Solo. You're a dead man."
"Bala-Tik... What's the problem?"
- ―Bala-Tik and Han Solo
Bala-Tik was a human male who worked as a negotiator for the Guavian Death Gang. He handled a deal with the famed smuggler Han Solo by paying for Solo to haul rathtars, a deal that Solo also made with Kanjiklub.
Bala-Tik was an agent of the Guavian Death Gang in the decades after the Galactic Civil War. During this time, Bala-Tik came to know the famed smuggler Han Solo. For a time, Bala-Tik considered Solo to be a source of valuable information and obtained a number of a profitable leads from him. During the conflict between the First Order and the Resistance, the Guavian Death Gang paid him and his first mate, the Wookiee Chewbacca, to acquire rathtars for King Prana. Unknown to the Death Gang at the time was that Solo also acquired the same amount of credits from Kanjiklub with the intention of swindling both factions. When the two groups learned of Solo's scheme, they confronted him aboard his freighter, the Eravana. Bala-Tik, out of patience, arrived first and told Solo that he knew about the smuggler's deceit, and that Solo's game was too old—there was no one in the galaxy left for the Corellian to swindle.
After Kanjiklub arrived, Bala-Tik noticed that Solo was in possession of BB-8, an astromech droid that was being pursued by the First Order because it contained part of a map to the location of the self-exiled Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. Rey and Finn, two fugitives who were with BB-8 and who Solo had hidden in his ship, heard Bala-Tik's threats to kill Solo and Chewbacca and take the droid. Hoping to close the doors between Solo and the two gangs, Rey instead accidentally released the rathtars, and the fearsome creatures went on a rampage throughout the ship, killing members of the Guavian Death Gang and Kanjiklub alike. Solo and the others escaped aboard Solo's recently-recovered ship, the Millennium Falcon, and Bala-Tik watched them depart. He informed the First Order that Solo had the droid aboard the Falcon.
Personality and traitsEdit
Bala-Tik was a human male with brown hair and light skin, and he spoke with a harsher form of the clipped accent commonly found in the galactic Core Worlds. He had a cybernetic left leg, which he concealed. Bala-Tik frequently used Solo and Chewbacca as sources of information, a relationship that he valued for the Death Gang despite growing increasingly impatient with the Corellian smuggler's schemes. He knew enough about Solo to bring several guards with him aboard the Eravana, believing Solo to be foolish enough to start a blaster fight near a ship's airlock.
Like all Guavians, Bala-Tik carried the latest in black market weapons technology. That included a percussive cannon by Tostovin Munitions, which fired particularly explosive blaster bolts. He used this weapon against Solo and the rathtars on the Eravana.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Poe Dameron 9: The Gathering Storm, Part II
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Han & Chewie Return!
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens: Rey's Story
- The Force Awakens: Finn's Story
- The Force Awakens Golden Book (Picture only)
- The Force Awakens, Part II
- The Force Awakens, Part III
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Hunting for Han"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Rey Strikes Back"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75180 Rathar Escape)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded