Beltane (During Imperial rule)
|Chronological and political information|
After the Battle of Geonosis, the Confederacy-allied Techno Union seized control of Balmorran Arms and used it to manufacture SD-6 Hulk infantry droids. Under Palpatine's New Order, Governor Beltane ran the planet and also oversaw production of Balmorran Arms which churned out the majority of the AT-STs in use by the Imperial Army. However, the Balmorrans longed for independence from the Galactic Empire, wishing for a free market to sell their renowned weapons technology on.
Following the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, Balmorran Arms was liberated by the New Republic, allowing it to remain independent for five years. During the Thrawn Campaign in 9 ABY, the company also supplied SD-9 battle droids to the New Republic in limited numbers. However, during the Reborn Emperor Palpatine's insurrection, Bamorran Arms was brought back into Imperial service. However, following Palpatine's supposed death near Da Soocha V, the rebellious Balmorrans rebelled against the Empire.
In retaliation, the planet was attacked by a force under the command of Executor Sedriss QL, including Shadow Droids and SD-9 battle droids. After suffering surprising losses at the hands of the SD-10 battle droids and new Viper Automatons, Sedriss called off his attack in exchange for a shipment of the molecularly-shielded droids.
- All Terrain Scout Transport
- HK-130 sentry droid
- LON-29 battle droid commander
- RO-D-series droid
- SD-1 battle droid
- SD-2 battle droid
- SD-3 battle droid
- SD-4 battle droid
- SD-5 battle droid
- SD-6 Hulk infantry droid
- SD-7 battle droid
- SD-8 battle droid
- SD-9 battle droid
- SD-10 battle droid
- X-1 Viper War Droid
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 56 —
- The Force Unleashed novel (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy of Fear: The Nightmare Machine (Mentioned only)
- "Combat Moon"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9 (Mentioned only)
- Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 75 (MAN9, Droid Manufacturers)
- Look Sir, Droids!"—Star Wars Gamer 3 "
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- Threats of the Galaxy (Mentioned only)