| General information
| Historical information
- "No bounty hunter that set out after the Bando Gora has ever returned!"
- "The Bando Gora has become a dangerous parasite. It must be eradicated."
- ―Darth Sidious to Darth Tyranus
The cult ruled through fear on Outer Rim Territories and uncivilized worlds in the galaxy, often killing those who stood in their way or refused to convert. Their ruthless assassination attacks began crippling the galaxy's most powerful industries. Shortly after the Battle of Galidraan, the cult attacked the planet Baltizaar. The Galactic Republic requested Jedi intervention, but the Jedi were under-prepared to face the power of the Bando Gora. The Jedi were almost overwhelmed and many died, but the cult was eventually driven off.
One unauthorized member of the Jedi task force was Komari Vosa, who was captured by the cult with two others and brutally tortured. Succumbing to the dark side of the Force, she broke free and slaughtered both her captors and fellow captives before taking leadership of the cult.
Members of the cult became hideous, with black mottled skin and glowing red or blue eyes. Bando Gora captains usually wore terrifying masks with long, downward horns and carried staffs which emitted green balls of fire. Shortly after the Battle of Naboo, the Bando Gora produced a potent strain of death stick which contained even more powerful narcotics and was used to help brainwash victims. The cult soon proved to be a threat to the Republic, as well as to the Sith lords Darth Plagueis, Darth Tyranus and Darth Sidious.
Forming an alliance with Black Sun, Gardulla Besadii the Elder, and Veruna, the corrupt king of Naboo and Plagueis' former ally, the Bando Gora helped stage an attack on Sojourn, Plagueis' fortress, providing a proscribed weapon to destroy it. Plagueis escaped, however, with help from Gardulla's rival, Jabba Desilijic Tiure. Following the attack, revenge was meted out; Darth Maul was sent to wipe out Black Sun's leadership, Plagueis personally dealt with Veruna, and Gardulla's fate was left for Jabba to decide. The Bando Gora's reckoning, however, would come after Plagueis' death at the hands of his apprentice.
Dooku hired bounty hunters Jango Fett and Montross to track down Vosa for a sum of 5 million Republic credits, an offer few could refuse. After chasing the Dark Jedi down to Kohlma, the burial moon of Bogden, and defeating his rival, Fett penetrated Vosa's heavily defended fortress and engaged her in a furious battle. He finally bested Komari, but spared her life. Dooku, who somehow seemed to be present, had other ideas and used the dark side to choke her to death, decapitating the Bando Gora cult and ending their reign of terror. He revealed that he knew the location of Vosa all along, that this was a test and made an agreement with Jango for him to become the template for a clone army.
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Maul: Lockdown
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (First appearance)
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 53 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) (Mentioned only) —
- Galactic Power Brokers"—Star Wars Gamer 10 "
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter"—Star Wars Gamer 10 "
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 91 (CLO2, Clone Troopers)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 136 (HUT10, Gardulla the Hutt)
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Underworld: A Galaxy of Scum and Villainy"—Star Wars Insider 89
- Scum and Villainy
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia