24 standard hours
320 standard days
|Points of interest|
Corporate, local governorship
- "It's a brutal world."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn
Bandomeer was a planet in the Outer Rim Territories, on the Braxant Run. It was known for its high concentration of ionite, as well as the many predators lurking in its wildernesses. The planet's surface was roughly divided in half by a huge landmass and the Great Sea of Bandomeer.
The planet was at one time an agricultural world of rolling plains until it was discovered that many valuable ores were hidden in its crust. Then, mining operations such as Offworld Mining took control, and reduced it to strip mines and industrial wastes. The planet was the homeworld of the Meerian race, who struggled to come to terms with the prosperity that cost their world's natural beauty. Even Bandomeer's surrounding asteroids were rich with mineral deposits, but could not be mined due to the risk of fragments colliding with the planet.
Bandomeer was a mining world dominated by the Offworld Mining Corporation until 44 BBY. When Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn arrived on the world, they narrowly saved it from destruction at the hands of Xanatos.
In 19 BBY the Ionite miners of Bandomeer refused to honor their contracts with the newly-formed Galactic Empire. In order to teach them to treat the new government with respect, Emperor Palpatine ordered his apprentice, Darth Vader, to deal with the local resistance. The Imperial Army quickly overwhelmed the lightly armed miners and established control over the planet.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force (First appearance)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Dark Rival
- Jedi Apprentice: The Hidden Past
- Cloak of Deception
- "Dead Shadows"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.39
- Star Wars: Dark Times 13: Blue Harvest, Part 1
- Star Wars: Dark Times 14: Blue Harvest, Part 2
- Star Wars: Dark Times 15: Blue Harvest, Part 3
- The Last Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The New Essential Chronology
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- "Obi-Wan Kenobi: Wizard of the Desert"—Star Wars Insider 112
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 The Essential Atlas