Measuring 9.5 meters in length, the Bantha-II cargo skiff was a fast-moving model of repulsorlift skiff. Despite being lightly armored, they were extremely durable making them an austere choice for desert climes and perfect transports for passengers, cargo, or slaves. Featuring an elongated deck, Bantha-IIs were little more than floating platforms and were easily identified by their rust coloring, reinforced bows build to withstand head-on collisions, and intermittent safety railings designed to protect passengers or cargo around the perimeter. They were operated from a rear control station designed for a single pilot and could exceed 250 kilometers per hour at their maximum speed. Bantha-IIs also came equipped with planks.
Manufactured by Ubrikkian Industries, the Bantha-II cargo skiff was common outside the Galactic Republic, and later the Galactic Empire, and were used by the Hutt Clan and the Zygerrian Slave Empire. The Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure used a number of the rugged skiffs equipped to survive the heat and sandstorms of the Tatooine deserts.
A pair of Bantha-IIs were used by Jabba when he attempted to execute Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker and his companions at the Great Pit of Carkoon. However, the prisoners managed to kill Jabba and used one of the skiffs to escape.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Evil Plans" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- "The Sand Will Provide"—Star Wars 37: Imperial Pride
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
- Star Wars: Commander
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Episode VI: Return of the Jedi Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Rescue from Jabba's Palace
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Bantha-II cargo skiff)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles