Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Baobab Merchant Fleet was a trading fleet organized many years before the rise of the Galactic Empire. Possessing a reputation as one of the finest merchant fleets in the galaxy, the Baobab family used its clout to establish the Baobab Archives, an extensive repository for all sorts of knowledge.
Of note is the fact that the Bocce language was developed for use in the Baobab Merchant Fleet, as the organization employed aliens of numerous races and needed a common method of communication.
After the rise of the Galactic Empire, hard times fell on the Baobabs as they attempted to prevent their fleet from becoming Imperialized, much as the once-powerful Trade Federation had been. The Baobab family seemed to dread the thought of their heir, Mungo Baobab, taking over the business and leading them into ruin. Much to their surprise, he led not only the fleet but the Baobab name into the annals of history through the discovery of the lost Roonstones.
Many historical figures, all part of the Baobab family, owned the fleet at some point, including Mungo and Ebenn Q3 Baobab.
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Great Heep"
- Star Wars: Droids—"Tail of the Roon Comets" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Roon Games"
- Star Wars: Droids—"Across the Roon Sea"
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Frozen Citadel"
- Escape from the Monster Ship: A Droid Adventure (Adaptation of "Tail of the Roon Comets")
- (Mentioned only)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid
- Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas