- "You are now reborn a sister of the night! Welcome."
- ―Mother Talzin, to Asajj Ventress
- "Do you pledge yourself to the sisterhood, to the magicks, and the old ways?"
"Do you abandon your old life for this new one?"
"Your loyalty, your life."
"My loyalty, my life."
- ―Mother Talzin questions Asajj Ventress during her baptism
The ceremony required a Nightsister shaman and a full coven of spellcasters. Held in a dark river in the Nightsister fortress, the ceremony began with the shaman questioning the potential Nightsisters on her loyalty to her clan. After the prospective Sister had answered affirmatively to all questions, she would be submerged into the waters. The shaman would then draw forth spirit ichor as the spellcaster coven lifted her out of the waters. Once the Sister had been baptized in the magicks, she would be lowered, her eyes momentarily rising back into her skull before they returned to normal, signifying the beginning of her new life with the Nightsisters.
- "And now we feast and celebrate the baptism of our new sister!"
- ―Mother Talzin, following Ventress's baptism