- "Baroonda is a big super, swampy mess."
- ―Anakin Skywalker
Baroonda was a planet of varied geography. It was host to several podracing tracks which passed through many diverse locations, including volcanoes, swamps, wide, sandy beaches, spectacular waterfalls, thick jungles, sulfur geyser fields, and plateau-top cities. Some of the inhabited moons of Baroonda included Dirama, Pitrono, Metrmal, Nicale, and Promanda.
Around 32 BBY, Trade Federation C-9979 landing craft were seen in the skies of Baroonda. This began several rumors about Trade Federation activities on the planet; and one of its eighteen moons was suspected of hosting the CIS, although none of the rumors were substantiated. Podracing was a very popular sport on the planet, and there were several well-known tracks, including Baroo Coast, Grabvine Gateway, Fire Mountain Rally and Inferno.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Anakin's Speedway
- Star Wars: Kenobi (Mentioned only)