A barracks, also known as a troop center, was a building used by various factions throughout history to recruit and train infantry. Variations of this building could be a training ground, a wide place providing enough space for infantry to train. Barracks were also where troops stationed at a base maintained bunks and living quarters. The facilities were used by the Trade Federation, Gungans, Royal Naboo Security Forces, Wookiees, Galactic Republic, Confederacy, Galactic Empire, and the Rebel Alliance.
Before the Battle of Yavin, Delvin Constructs produced two models of barracks; the MilBar C-427, used by the Galactic Empire, and the MilBar F-221, used by the Rebellion. During the same period, the Zann Consortium used the mercenary barracks.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Plan of Dissent"
- Han Solo at Stars' End (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- The Lambda Heist"—Star Wars Gamer 2 (First mentioned) "
- Death Star Technical Companion
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Death Star Technical Companion, Second Edition
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Strongholds of Resistance