Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "The Empire is willing to pay a considerable fee for disposing of defense systems orbiting the Ilum system."
"Is my target one of the filthy pirates in that sector?"
"Your target is the defenses, the Imperial fleet will take care of the rest."
- ―Darth Vader and Boba Fett
In 1 BBY, a battle between the Galactic Empire and the Black Sun pirates in the Ilum system in an effort to discover the identity of an Imperial traitor who attempted to jeopardize the Empire's operations on Thyferra. After the location of the pirates was confirmed by a probe droid, the Empire hired the bounty hunter Boba Fett to scout out the pirate base and destroy their early warning systems. Fett succeeded in the task and an Imperial task force was brought in to attack the pirate asteroid base to root out the leader, who attempted to escape aboard an Interceptor-class frigate. Eventually, however, the pirate ship was neutralized and boarded, and the leader was taken away to be interrogated.
- "Fondor has been subjugated. Have you intercepted any information about our traitor?"
"We have cracked encoded transmissions which were redirected several times, but eventually routed to the Ilum system."
"The pirates' den, no doubt. Send a probe droid to confirm this…infestation."
- ―Darth Vader and a stormtrooper
When the Galactic Empire invaded the Inner Rim planet Thyferra—controlled by the Alliance to Restore the Republic—the Sith Lord Darth Vader suspected that someone had warned the Rebels of their approach. Pirate insignias found on Rebel equipment led Vader to the conclusion that the Alliance was co-operating with the pirates, trading information on Imperial cargo routes in exchange for supplies. However, his investigation was interrupted by the news of a Rebel uprising on the starship-producing world of Fondor. Vader thus ordered his forces to eliminate the threat and recover any communications they discover. After the uprising was suppressed, the Empire intercepted coded transmissions that eventually led to the Unknown Regions planet Ilum.
- "Do not overestimate your value to the Empire, Fett. But your services are required here. Our target is the pirate leader, and he will be taken alive."
- ―Darth Vader to Boba Fett
The planet had heavy defenses installed, so Vader hired Boba Fett to use his stealth skills as the pilot of the Slave I to slip through their defenses and destroy the sensor pods, allowing the Imperial Navy to move in.
With this done, the Imperial fleet was free to pursue the pirate leader, who tried to escape in his Pirate interceptor cruiser. Boba Fett hit a blow to the pirate's engines before he could jump to hyperspace, and the leader surrendered himself.
- "Continue your interrogation, Fett. I am sure this pirate knows the Rebel's intentions."
- ―Darth Vader to Boba Fett
Their leader supplied the Galactic Empire with more information on Moff Kalast.
Behind the scenesEdit
The strength and composition of the imperial force may vary at the player's wish, only the Probe droid and Slave I (Boba Fett's starship) are mandatory in this mission. Attaching Darth Vader (who pilots the TIE Advanced) to the imperial fleet is optional.
- Star Wars: Empire at War (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Empire at War—Imperial campaign, Mission 02
- ↑ Star Wars: Empire at War—Imperial campaign, Mission 04
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 Star Wars: Empire at War—Imperial campaign, Mission 03
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Empire at War—Imperial campaign, Mission 01