- "It's not looking good, the Empire has located one of our secret asteroid bases. Not even time for reinforcements. There will be no escape for the Rebellion this time."
- ―Wedge Antilles
- "The Empire is going to attack!"
- ―General Dodonna to the Rebel forces
The Rebel base's six Z-95 Headhunters fended off Derliff's initial attack wave, a squadron of TIE/LN starfighters and TIE/sa bombers. General Jan Dodonna rallied his forces and used the bases' R2-D5 labor droids to construct additional defenses before taking the battle to Derliff's base and driving out the Imperials.
- "Against all odds, we've won again. Congratulations."
- ―Wedge Antilles after the battle
With the defeat of the Imperial base, the Rebels won the battle.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Battle of Silken Asteroids was first mentioned in the strategy guide to the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. It was the Princess Leia campaign's challenge mission. The player has complete freedom in building up the base and the army, although the strategy guide recommends building a large fighter squadron. The objective is to destroy the Imperial base. The mission and thus the battle was also included in the game's 2002 expansion pack, Clone Campaigns.
The strategy guide erroneously refers to the Z-95 Headhunters in the beginning portion of the mission as "X-wings." In addition, the exact amount the player can build regarding the bases, and likewise the Imperial forces' amount, is dependent of the player's actions and game mechanics. However, the guide notes that the player at the beginning has five workers, and that the absolute maximum population is 75, and that the required amount of spacecraft needed to be developed to beat the level is 55.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Early days of the Rebellion" is around 2 BBY, according to The New Essential Chronology.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The size of the army is the player's choice and thus gamemechanics, although the absolute minimum at the start of the mission are five workers for the Rebels, and the absolute maximum for starfighters, according to the guide is 55 starfighters for the Rebels.