The Rebel base on the third moon of Aargonar was surprised by the appearance of three Star Destroyers on the outskirts of the system. The Rebels went on alert and began loading transports to make an escape from their base. X-wing and Y-wing squadrons were sent to cover the transports' jump to hyperspace. Meanwhile, stormtroopers were landed on the moon, tasked with the capture of Rebel officers and leaders. The Midnight Star escaped the system, carrying Commander Hamelin, Gruu Dunrik, and Cala Worner.
Though the base was lost, many of the Rebel forces escaped the system and key officers and leaders were spirited away. The Empire had gained only a limited victory. The troops stationed there fled to a remote asteroid. As a reward for this success, Admiral Gaen Drommel would eventually be given commanded of the Executor-class Star Dreadnought Guardian.
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook (First identified as Battle of Aargonar)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 11 ("Hamelin")
- The Essential Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Battlefront
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 Rebellion Era Sourcebook, pp. 54-55
- ↑ Star Wars: Force Commander
- ↑ X-Wing Rogue Squadron 25: The Making of Baron Fel
- ↑ Marvel Comics
- ↑ 6.0 6.1
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 11 ("Hamelin")