Altyr V was one of the battlefronts of the struggling New Republic. However, remnants of the Empire decided it was an ideal target to halt the Republic's advent. They had modified two asteroids of the Altyr system as bombardiers and hoped to conquer the planet as a base.
The New Republic commander told the duo that two asteroids were taking up an orbit around the planet and bombarding it while stormtroopers were being landed; more reinforcements would arrive in two hours, sealing the fate of the base. Katarn thought that if a landing craft could be stolen, it could be landed on the asteroid and the asteroids could be destroyed. Mara Jade stayed to coordinate defenses.
Katarn moved through the base, assisting Republic soldiers. While wandering in the base, he released a hangared A-wing which fell on the heads of stormtroopers, crushing them. Stormtroopers continued to pour through the base and the Republic commander ordered Kyle to shut the blast doors. However, right before they shut, a TIE/sa bomber blasted them. Nevertheless, Katarn kept going and defeated several stormtroopers and AT-STs and restored power to sections of the base. Eventually he got to the Lambda-class T-4a shuttle and killed the stormtroopers guarding it. Then, he flew to the asteroid base. There he battled through the personnel until he got to the firing center where he had it fire at and destroy the other asteroid. He then set the asteroid to self destruct and left.
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Characters, Mara Jade Skywalker entry.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25 2.26 2.27 2.28 2.29 Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Characters, Kyle Katarn entry.
- ↑ According to the opening scrawl, Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith takes place five standard years after the events of Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. The New Essential Chronology dates the events of Jedi Knight to 5 ABY. Using simple math, we can deduce that Mysteries of the Sith takes place in 10 ABY.